Terms and Conditions of Use
- Ownership and Use of Web Site and Services. All of the content featured or displayed on the Web Site, including without limitation text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images, sound, and illustrations (“Content”), is owned by IHA, its licensors, vendors, agents and/or its Content providers. All elements of the Web Site, including without limitation the general design and the Content, are protected by trade dress, copyright, moral rights, trademark, and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. Except as may be otherwise indicated in specific documents within the Web Site, you are authorized to view, play, print, and download documents, audio, and video found on our Web Site for personal, informational, and noncommercial purposes only. You may not modify any of the materials and you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or work contained on the Web Site. You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations regarding your use of the Web Site and the Services. The Web Site and the Services may only be used for the intended purpose for which such Web Site and Services are being made available.
- License & Submission Policy. At various points on the Web Site, IHA may invite you to submit user content that they have created, e.g., to post commentary and photos (“User Submissions”). By submitting content to the Web Site, you expressly grant IHA a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, worldwide, fully sub-licensable right (including moral rights) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, perform, and display such User Submissions (in whole or in part) and your name, voice, and/or likeness, in any form and in any media or technology whether now known or hereafter discovered, and for any purpose including promotion, advertising, marketing, merchandising, publicity, and any other ancillary uses thereof. You also permit any user to access, display, view, store, and reproduce such User Submissions for personal use. By submitting any User Submissions, you hereby expressly permit IHA to identify you as the contributor of such User Submissions in any media now known or later developed.
Any User Submissions are deemed non-confidential and IHA shall be under no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information, in whatever form, contained in any User Submission. Please carefully consider the information you choose to submit to the Web Site, including, but not limited to, any commentary, photograph, or mailing or email address. You should not include your telephone number, street address, or last name in any User Submission. IHA assumes no responsibility for the deletion of or failure to store User Submissions.
- Inappropriate User Submissions. IHA does not seek, and you agree that you will not submit, User Submissions that are unlawful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, racially offensive, inaccurate, or otherwise objectionable; that encourage conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation; or that are commercial in nature (e.g., advertisements, chain letters). Without limiting the foregoing, you will not submit any User Submissions that may infringe upon any intellectual property rights; express support or opposition to any candidate for elected office; or may constitute a crime or tort.
- Third-Party Links. This Web Site may contain links to web sites that are not owned, operated or controlled by IHA or its affiliates. All such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this Web Site. Neither we nor any of our respective affiliates are responsible for any content, materials, or other information located on or accessible from any other web site.
- Account Registration and Security. You understand that you may need to create an account to make User Submissions and/or have access to parts of the Web Site. In consideration of your use of the Web Site, you will provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Web Site’s registration form. You are entirely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your password and account, and any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security of which you become aware.
- Access and Interference. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Web Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Web Site or any activities conducted on the Web Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Web Site.
- Representations and Warranties. You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent and warrant the following: (i) you are over the age of 18 and have the right and authority to enter into this Agreement, and are fully able and competent to satisfy the terms, conditions and obligations therein; (ii) you have obtained all consents, and possess all copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, and any other proprietary rights, or the necessary licenses thereto, to grant the license in Section 2; (iii) you have the written consent of each and every identifiable natural person in your User Submissions to use such person’s name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Web Site and this Agreement; (iv) you have read, understood, agree with, and will abide by the terms of this agreement; and (v) the User Submission and IHA’s use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement and the Web Site will not violate Section 3 of this Agreement.
- DISCLAIMERS. Your use of this Site is at your risk. IHA does not assume any responsibility, nor will it be liable, for any damages to, or any viruses that may infect, your computer, telecommunication equipment, or other property caused by or arising from your access to, use of, or browsing this Web Site, or your downloading of any information or materials from this Web Site. THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. NEITHER IHA, NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, WARRANTS THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND NEITHER IHA, NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES MAKES ANY COMMITMENT OR ASSUMES ANY DUTY TO UPDATE SUCH INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR SERVICES. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL IHA, OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, NOR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR TRANSMISSION OF THIS WEB SITE, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS WEB SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE, OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON ANY OR ALL SUCH WEB SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS WEB SITE OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS WEB SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL IHA’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE EXCEED TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS ($25.00).
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold IHA and any individuals or entities affiliated with
IHA (including officers, directors, and employees) harmless from any and all liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, related to or in connection with (i) your use of the Web Site, (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement; or (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, publicity rights, or intellectual property rights.
- Release. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users of the Web Site, you release IHA (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”) NOTICE. In operating the Web Site, we may act as a “services provider” (as defined by DMCA) and offer services as online provider of materials and links to third-party web sites. As a result, third-party materials that we do not own or control may be transmitted, stored, accessed or otherwise made available using the Web Site. If you believe any material available via the Web Site infringes a copyright, you should notify us using the notice procedure for claimed infringement under the DMCA (17 U.S.C. Sect. 512(c)(2)). We will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the Content. Our designated agent (i.e., proper party for notice) to whom you should address infringement notices under the DMCA is Ron Chow, CFO, The Institute for Healthcare Advancement, 501 South Idaho Street, Suite 300, La Habra, CA 90631, phone 562-690-4001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unauthorized access, distribution, reproduction, copying, retransmission, publication, sale, exploitation (commercial or otherwise), or any other form of transfer of any portion of the Web Site is hereby expressly prohibited. Sending unsolicited email, solicitations, or advertisements to any user of the Web Site is expressly prohibited by these Terms of Service.
IHA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to accept any User Submissions and to remove any User Submissions from the Web Site.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious. You further agree not to use an inappropriate member name of any kind.
IHA is not obligated to review User Submissions. User Submissions do not reflect the opinions or views of IHA or its affiliates, and IHA does not vouch for the accuracy or credibility of any User Submissions, and does not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reading User Submissions. In no event shall you represent or suggest, directly or indirectly, IHA’s endorsement of User Submissions.
IHA is sensitive to privacy issues with respect to the use of user information provided to us over the internet. For this reason, we are disclosing to you our practices in gathering and using such information provided to us via the IHA website.
This website is not to be used by anyone under the age of 18.
IHA may make use of internet tools called “cookies,” in order to provide users with customized information and to identify frequent visitors. A cookie is a small piece of data that a website sends to internet browsers, which is stored on a hard drive and enables the website to recognize return visitors. You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by changing the settings of your internet browser. By accessing your browser’s help function, you can view options for preventing the acceptance of cookies or for notifying you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept cookies, your experience at our website and other sites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Our information request form asks you to provide contact information (e.g., name, address, email address) and some demographic information (e.g., whether or not you are a healthcare professional). We may use these data to send updated IHA information and promotional materials. Users may remove themselves from our database at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 800-434-4633. We do not sell this information to anyone, although we do occasionally exchange or share our database when such an action is compatible with the IHA mission statement.
DATABASE SHARING POLICY
The IHA Board authorizes the IHA staff to exchange/share the IHA mailing list with both for-profit and nonprofit entities using the following criteria:
- There are no conflict of interest issues;
- The IHA staff will follow the IHA privacy policies; and
- The exchange/share will be in concert with the IHA mission statement, especially the intention of IHA to “Communicate with policymakers, practitioners, educators, researchers, and the public to disseminate community benefit knowledge base more widely.”
- People who wish to ‘opt out’ of being included in such exchanges, may do so by notifying IHA of their preference.
We may use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
The IHA website contains links to other sites; however, this privacy statement applies solely to information collected at this website. Therefore, be advised that we are not responsible for, and do not control the privacy practices of other such linked sites.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY STATEMENT
In the event we make any changes to our privacy statement, an updated version will be posted immediately on our website to ensure you are always aware of our latest policy. If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this site, please contact us at 800-434-4633
IHA Publications and the IHA Ecommerce site, exists to bring informative and provocative materials on community health and other health issues to healthcare professionals and the public. These publications may expose you to what professionals are reading or to cutting edge perspectives on emerging issues. You will find publications by professionals from IHA community benefit programs and books that are in high demand among consumers, providers, professionals, or both. We are pleased to make available many different views of community benefit and population health. We welcome your feedback – good or bad – about anything you have purchased here. The decision to place a book, or maintain it, in our online Bookstore does not represent a judgment on our part about the validity of specific content. We encourage all readers to evaluate and judge for themselves, and we reserve the right to place or pull a book based on user feedback and our own needs assessment. Nothing offered on this website is intended to substitute for an individualized, thoughtful decision process by patients and providers.
IHA Exhibit Schedule
IHA’s decision to exhibit at any particular conference does not imply an endorsement of the organization or its program.
Policy Statement on Endorsements, Statements of Support, and Collaborative Endeavors (and related use of IHA name and logo)
As a nonprofit educational organization, Community Benefit Connect does not endorse or approve any of the following:
- specific medical products by brand name (e.g., brand name or trademarked drugs, medicinal foods, vitamins, supplements, or botanical medicines);
- specific providers of health care products or services by name (e.g., laboratories, producers or distributors of medical products or health care equipment);
- individual practitioners, whether MD, DO, ND, DC or from any other discipline.
IHA may provide statements of support for activities on which it has agreed to collaborate, such as sponsoring or co-sponsoring educational activities or projects, health care planning activities, research activities, publications, and other such activities that come within the scope of its nonprofit mission and goals. Statements of support may also be provided for non-collaborative projects that are of significant public benefit. Such statements of support will be supplied only where IHA has both adequately researched the collaborative activity and retains the right to withdraw support in the case that the activity violates agreed-upon boundaries or fails to reach acceptable standards of effectiveness and/or integrity.
Copyright & Trademark Ownership
All content of our Web Site and Service(s) is the copyrighted material of The Institute for Healthcare Advancement (IHA) or the appropriate contributor, and is protected by United States and international copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. The Web Site and Service(s) includes content, appearances and design, as well as trademarks, product names, graphics, logos, slogans, colors and designs that are the property of IHA or other third parties. Except as set forth in the relevant license agreements, nothing contained in our Web Site and/or Service(s) grants any license or other right to any of IHA’s intellectual property or any third party’s intellectual property. The appropriate party reserves complete title and interest to its intellectual property on or associated with the Web Site and/or Service(s). You may not copy (other than a copy for personal use, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright or any other notice contained in the content), modify, distribute, alter, display, reproduce, transfer or republish any of the data of our Web Site and/or Service(s) without obtaining the written permission of The Institute for Healthcare Advancement.
Community Benefit Connect and Institute for Healthcare Advancement are marks owned by the Institute for Healthcare Advancement.
Member Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT — READ CAREFULLY:
IMPORTANT — READ CAREFULLY:
Before accessing the Licensed Product (as defined below), you must read and fully consent to this AGREEMENT. Your use of the Licensed Product is governed by this AGREEMENT and is contingent on your acceptance of the AGREEMENT. Please read this AGREEMENT carefully and make sure that you fully understand it. You will have the opportunity to choose to accept or reject this AGREEMENT. You may not use the Licensed Product unless you click on the [I have read & accept] box below this document. This AGREEMENT is an agreement you (an individual person ), referred to in this AGREEMENT as “You”) are making with Institute for Healthcare Advancement, located at 501 South Idaho Street, Suite 300, La Habra, CA 90631 (“IHA”) for use of the list of members of CBC, including past, current, and future versions of the list (the “Licensed Product”). By accessing, viewing, copying, or otherwise using the Licensed Product, You agree to be bound by the terms of this AGREEMENT. If You do not agree to the terms of this AGREEMENT, do not access, view, copy, or otherwise use the Licensed Product, and You must promptly destroy all copies of the Licensed Product in Your possession.
- LICENSE. Subject to the terms of this AGREEMENT, IHA hereby grants to You a non-exclusive, nontransferable, limited, revocable license (1) to copy the Licensed Product for personal use only, and (2) to use the contents of the Licensed Product solely for collaborating with other CBC members in research or academic work, making referrals to other members, and for similar non-commercial purposes related to your community benefit program or research activities. Without limiting the foregoing, You are specifically prohibited from using the Licensed Product for commercial activities, including but not limited to marketing products or services to CBC members, and from distributing or sharing the Licensed Product (in whole or in part). You may not sublicense the rights granted to You in this AGREEMENT and should direct licensing requests to IHA. This AGREEMENT shall terminate immediately upon any breach or other failure to comply with the terms of this AGREEMENT by You, without prejudice to any other rights IHA may have. Upon termination of this AGREEMENT, You must destroy all copies of the Licensed Product and any works incorporating or derivative of any portion of the Licensed Product.
- NO WARRANTY. IHA provides the licensed product as is and with all faults and hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties, duties, or conditions of: merchantability; fitness for a particular purpose; accuracy; results; lack of viruses, Trojan horses, disabling devices, or worms; or lack of negligence.
- EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this AGREEMENT, in no event shall IHA be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Licensed Product, or otherwise under or in connection this AGREEMENT, even in the event of negligence, strict liability, breach of contract, or breach of warranty of IHA, and even if IHA has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. You understand and acknowledge that the Licensed Product represents valuable confidential information of IHA entitled to protection as a trade secret. You shall keep confidential, and shall protect from unauthorized disclosure, the Licensed Product and all copies or physical embodiments thereof in your possession. You shall use the Licensed Product only for purposes provided for under this Agreement, and shall limit access to the Licensed Product to such individuals as consultants, accountants, and attorneys who require such access in connection with your use thereof as permitted by this AGREEMENT. You shall secure and protect the Licensed Product and any and all copies and other physical embodiments thereof in your possession.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You shall be responsible for Your use of the Licensed Product. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless IHA and its members, owners, officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating to Your use of the Licensed Product. IHA shall have no obligation to indemnify You.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This AGREEMENT constitutes the entire agreement between You and IHA pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements existing between You and IHA. Any modifications of this AGREEMENT must be in writing and signed by You and IHA.
- MISCELLANEOUS. This AGREEMENT shall be deemed made in the State of California, U.S.A. and shall be governed by the laws of California (without regard to its conflicts of law principles) and/or the United States, as applicable. You agree that any legal action between You and IHA relating to this AGREEMENT will be brought only in a federal or state court sitting in Los Angeles, California. Failure by IHA to enforce any part of this AGREEMENT does not waive that part of the AGREEMENT. IHA may assign its rights and obligations under this AGREEMENT to any party at any time without notice to You. Upon such assignment, IHA is relieved of any further obligation under this AGREEMENT. The provisions of this AGREEMENT are severable. If any part of this AGREEMENT is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions stay in effect.
By clicking on “I HAVE READ & ACCEPT,” You indicate Your acceptance of this AGREEMENT without limitation or qualification. By clicking on “I DECLINE,” You will not be allowed to access or use the Licensed Product.
Job Search Agreement
CBC Professional Opportunities Use Agreement
The Community Benefit Connect Professional Opportunities search function (communitybenefitconnect.org/opportunities) is provided as a service to Community Benefit Connect employers and to those searching for community benefit professional opportunities for informational purposes related to employment and job search only. Use of this service is limited to users who agree to hold The Institute for Healthcare Advancement (IHA) harmless for any use of the information for reasons other than the stated purpose. Those individual or companies who are posting professional opportunities agree to abide by the Job Posting Guidelines and the following restrictions on use of personal and confidential information: The Institute for Healthcare Advancement makes no guarantee as to the currency, accuracy, or quality of the information stored here. If misleading or otherwise inappropriate information is brought to our attention, a reasonable effort will be made to correct or remove it.
Job Posting Guidelines
This information is provided to assist you in preparing and posting a job announcement to IHA at communitybenefitconnect.org/opportunities. Listing of a professional opportunity at CBC constitutes an acceptance of these terms, as well as those outlined in the CBC Professional Opportunities Use Agreement. Opportunities entered here are posted directly to communitybenefitconnect.org/opportunities and are available for viewing on the Internet. Job postings are reviewed by CBC staff on a weekly basis and posted each Monday. Listings expire 14 following the posting date but may be re-posted if the position is still available after that time. Only opportunities relevant to the practice of community benefit will be approved for posting. CBC staff may, with or without notice, remove a listing from the web site if it is determined to be in violation of these guidelines or any federal or state laws. Job listings will be removed from the web site if it is determined by CBC staff that:
- The job seeker is charged an application or referral fee in order to be considered for employment (Note: Required costs for entering a profession, such as licenses or union dues that are a condition of employment, or the required use of personal property must be clearly stated on the job listing.)
- The job listing contains illegal, offensive, or unsuitable content.
- The job specifications are discriminatory on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, marital status, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, sensory, or mental disability, unless supported by a federal or state law or by a Bona Fide Occupational requirement.
- The job listing is vague, redundant, out of date, or inappropriate for some other reason as determined by our staff or by complaints from users of the web site.
- The listing fails to comply with employment related laws.
- The listing is for recruitment into the Armed Services.
Job listings that do not clearly indicate the name of the listing individual or company will not be allowed. Job listings will be accepted only for job openings to be filled within the next 60 days. It is the employer’s responsibility to provide contact information so that job seekers may apply for the job directly, and to abide by these guidelines as well as all applicable laws and regulations.